Taking a slow journey around some of the fascinating overseas places that South Africans, Max and Sue Hoppe, have visited in recent years.
Max and Sue Hoppe are a couple from Port Elizabeth who are, well, let’s just say ‘past their prime.’ They love to travel and see the world, with open eyes and minds, and are taking every opportunity to explore some places that have been on their bucket-lists for ages, and some they would never have even thought of, until their kids moved there and they went to visit.
In Travels Abroad, we’ll look for hidden treasures in Turkey, Bulgaria, The Emirates and Jordan…
- Exploring iconic cosmopolitan and exotic Istanbul
- Strolling through an ancient Greek city and swimming in a hot spring with carved pillars which were
- Destroyed in an earthquake, centuries ago.
- Wander down an exquisite white hillside covered in travertine
- Gape at the underground cave cities and fly in a hot air balloon over Cappadocia
- Spend some time in a little rural village in Southern Bulgaria, and visit Sozopol on the Black Sea
- Do a road-trip to the Balkans and back via Plovdiv
- Discover a fascinating side to Dubai which is way nicer than bling and designer shopping!
- Explore rugged mountains and ancient forts and mosques in Fujairah and Ras-al-Khaimah
- Gallop on Arabian horses through the desert at sunset
- Discover the delights of old Amman in Jordan
- Wander in awe through the ancient carved-rock city of Petra
- Spend a night in a Bedouin tent in Wadi Rum after exploring its natural beauty
- Float in the Dead Sea
- Discover more of the Emirates, especially Sharjah.
- Explore a haunted abandoned fishing village at sundown