Digital Download Version
Once your order is processed and payment has been received, a link to your digital download will be sent to you via e-mail.
About the Book
In December 2013 and 2015, Max and Sue Hoppe visited their son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters in Dubai, To be honest, it was not a place they fancied visiting, and only a strong desire to see the family prompted them to go there. They perceived it to be a paradise for those who like bling, fake snow and designer shopping, none of which held any appeal for them. They would prefer a tent under a bush, in the back-of-beyond, to a five-star hotel in a busy city. As it turned out, they experienced both! And found some of the best places to visit in the UAE. Luckily, their kids have discovered a completely different side to the Emirates than the one usually seen by tourists, and were delighted to share this with them. These “postcards” show some lesser-known but wonderful aspects of the Emirates, such as:
- Riding Arabian horses through the dunes at sunrise and sunset
- Exploring the forbidding Al Hajar Mountains at Ras-al-Khaimah in Fujairah
- Watching racing camels being trained at sunrise
- Visiting the art and museum hub of Sharjah
- Watching a humane and entertaining style of bull fighting in Fujairah
- Exploring ancient mud-built mosques and forts in the desert
- Taking a water-taxi over the Creek in Bur Dubai, the old city
- Seeing how traditional Arabian architecture integrates into modern buildings, and yes, a visit to the Jumeira Palm and Burj Khalifa.
- A visit to a haunted fishing village at sunset
- Buying Pakistani bread, made to order in a tandoor oven
- A road-trip covering 5 of the 7 Emirates in one afternoon
These lovely black-and-white images will fill you with a desire to look beyond the surface, in this fascinating part of the world!