This book offers a gentle armchair tour, which generally avoids the main roads. It is sure to appeal to those with a love of travel, exploration, wildlife, and particularly an appreciation of all that makes this part of the world unique and special.
It is part travel-journal, detailing routes, adventures, & escapades (always made unpredictable by Koos’ erratic behaviour) & part coffee-table photography. It is also part travel-guide, with informative maps & info, although it is intended more as a means of sharing their impressions of the places they pass through, on random, haphazard journeys, than as a definitive guide to the places covered.
In Travels Troubles With Koos, you’ll meet the travelers, and we’ll explore some wonderful destinations together:
- Meet lions and elephants in Addo Elephant National Park
- Get to know some of the enchanting smaller residents of the park, and see the varied and lovely scenery
- Travel via Zuurberg Pass to the Mountain Zebra National Park, and camp there over a rainy Easter weekend
- Return via Somerset East and Port St Francis
- Go on a crazy girls-only adventure to Lesotho, getting lost on top of Katberg Pass en route!
- Spend a fun weekend with a bunch of photographers at Addo Palace Bush Lodge
- Camp in Tankwa Karoo and Namaqualand during a spring cold snap.
- Meander to Cape Town, discovering all sorts of fascinating spots and people along the way.
Also available in Afrikaans, as Padlangs Probleme Met Koos.