Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the El Gecko Publishing website.
The following terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of the El Gecko Publishing Website. Please do not continue to use this website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions.
- License and Copyright
- Cookies Policy
- Embedded Content from other Websites
- User Comments
- Hyperlinking to Content from this Site
- Reservation of Rights
- Content Liability
- Registration and Use of the Website
- Delivery of Goods
- Returns and Refunds
- Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- More Information
1. License and Copyright
Unless otherwise stated, El Gecko Publishing owns the intellectual property rights for all material on https://elgeckopublishing.co.za. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from https://elgeckopublishing.co.za for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions. Note that all photography and graphics are subject to copyright.
You must not:
- Republish material from https://elgeckopublishing.co.za without written permission
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://elgeckopublishing.co.za
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://elgeckopublishing.co.za
- Redistribute content from El Gecko Publishing (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
2. Cookies Policy
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie if you want to learn more about cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting cookie settings in your browser. (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of the websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in disabling certain functions and features of a site. Therefore, it is recommended that you keep cookies enabled.
The Cookies We Set
Shop Orders – This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
Forms – When you submit data to through a form, such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Comments – If you leave a comment on this site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Creating an account – If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long visitors spend on the site and the pages that they visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. No Personally Identifiable Information is sent to Google Analytics For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network/s in various ways. For this to work, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and any other social media platforms that you choose to engage with through the Monarch Social Share Buttons, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
3. Embedded Content from other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
4. User Comments
Only relevant comments will be posted. No spam will be tolerated.
- Your Comments may not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright,
patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- Your Comments may not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- Your Comments may not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities
or unlawful activity.
5. Hyperlinking to Content from this Site
The following organisations may link to our Web site without prior written approval:
Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses;
If not sure ask (o:
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
7. Reservation of Rights
Elgeckopublishing.co.za reserves the right at any time, and at its sole discretion, to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request.
8. Content Liability
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website.
No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
9. Registration and use of the website
- Only registered users may order Goods on the Website.
- By using the Website you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may use the Website only with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- You acknowledge that stock of all Goods on offer is limited and that pricing may change at any time without notice to you.In the case of Goods for sale by El Gecko, we will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the Website. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of stock. When Goods are no longer available after placing an order, El Gecko will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid by you for such Goods.
- We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology.
- Payment can be made for Goods via –
Pay Fast (including credit card payments),
direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer: El Gecko will not accept your order if payment has not been received.
- You may contact us via email at email@example.com to obtain a full record of your payment. We will also send you email communications about your order and payment.
- Once you have selected your payment method and you accept these Terms and Conditions, you will be directed to a link to a secure site for payment of the applicable purchase price for the Goods.
11. Delivery of goods
We offer the following methods of delivery of goods to you:
- Within South Africa – PAXI counter to counter service.
- For outside of South Africa – Post Office (Please note that, although this is the most cost effective option, the South African Post Office has a particularly bad reputation for reliability, so this option is entirely at your own risk). OR courier.
Once we accept your order, we’ll deliver the Goods to you as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than 30 (thirty) days of receipt of your payment (“Delivery Period”). We will notify you if we are unable to deliver the Goods during the Delivery Period. You may then, within 7 (seven) days of receiving such notification elect whether or not to cancel your order for the Goods. If you elect to cancel your order, we will reimburse you for the purchase price.
- We make all reasonable effort to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Goods on the Website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the Website, we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Returns Policy.
- El Gecko shall not be bound by any incorrect information regarding our products displayed on any third party websites.
13. Returns and Refunds
- Thanks for shopping at El Gecko Publishing. We’d like you to be happy with any products you purchase from us. So if you’re not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
- ll goods are dispatched, in good condition, at the buyer’s risk.
- e aren’t liable for damage done in transit. Our courier does insure all parcels to a value of R1000 for damages done in transit, or loss of goods.
For all goods (other than PDF downloads, on which returns and refunds do not apply) please notify us by e-mail, at firstname.lastname@example.org, within 14 days of dispatch, if any item purchased from the El Gecko Publishing website, is:
- incorrectly supplied,
- faulty (missing pages, miss-bound or miss-printed)
- or damaged
Please include details, and photographic proof, of the problem. Depending on the value of the item, it may not be worth the expense of shipping it back, so please wait until we respond to your e-mail, before doing so, and we will let you know whether this is necessary.
If the item was incorrectly supplied, faulty or damaged, we will do our best to exchange it for the correct one, depending on the availability of the product, and will cover the cost of shipping the replacement to you.
If not available, we will refund your money, including the shipping cost, as soon as we have verified that everything is in order.
If the goods are returned for any other reason, you have 7 calendar days to return an item, from the date you received it. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. In this case, you will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item.
Once we receive your item, we’ll inspect it and let you know the status of your refund. If your return is approved, we’ll initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment.) Shipping costs are non-refundable, so if you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from it. Contact us if you have any questions on how to return your item to us.
Physical and postal return address is:
35 Christina de Wit Street, Prince Albert, Western Cape, South Africa, 6930
Please note that no interest will be paid on any owed amounts.
Refunds will be effected using the same payment method initially used by the customer.
For all Direct Deposit payments please email us your following deposit details:
- Name of the account holder
- Bank name
- Branch name
- Branch code and
- Bank account number
If you paid by credit card the money will be paid back to your credit card account.
You will be notified once the refund has been paid via email.
- Once you purchase an eBook, and receive the download link for the PDF, no refunds are given.
- Should you experience any problems in using the link to access the eBook, in opening or reading the eBook itself, or if the eBook is defective in some other way (missing pages, incorrect book, etc), please notify us by e-mail via email@example.com, so that we can help you to resolve the problem.
format and download information
- Our Ebooks are in PDF format.
- You’ll need to be connected to the internet when you download an eBook and open it for the first time. It should go straight to your downloads folder. To make future access easier, you can create a folder in a convenient place and save the file there. On subsequent openings of the eBook, you will not need to be connected to the internet, provided you are opening the eBook from the device on which you saved it.
When ordering an eBook from us, you will be ordering the right to download such eBook and delivery will take place electronically via the internet as described below.
Delivery of eBooks
Upon receipt of payment, we manually process orders, and will send a Link for the relevant eBook to your e-mail address. Depending on circumstances, this may take a few days, if we are out of town or out of wi-fi range at the time. As such, El Gecko does not hereby undertake to make delivery within any specific time frame. However, as a guide only, we try to fulfil orders within 5 working days. You will be able to access and click on the Link at any time following delivery thereof to you, subject to certain restrictions.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTION:
So as to reduce the risk of fraud, eBook publishers limit the number of times any Link can be clicked before access to the Link is blocked. You will be able to click on such Link at least once, but acknowledge that access to the Link may become blocked after your first click so as to prevent fraud;
We do not charge any delivery fees for electronic delivery of the relevant eBook link, however, you may incur costs (eg internet service provider fees) associated with downloading the eBook, and we will not under any circumstances be liable for any such costs incurred by you.
If you have any problems relating to the functionality of your Link, please e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help to resolve the problem.
Illegal use of eBooks
- All eBooks are the exclusive property of the publisher and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. The download of eBooks is intended for your personal and non-commercial use. Any other use of eBooks purchased from us is strictly prohibited.
- You may not modify, transmit, publish, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the content of eBooks, in whole or in part, and more specifically, you will not print, copy, or ‘lend’ eBooks to any other person. You may also not do anything which otherwise contravenes any licence conditions imposed by the publisher, as described on the relevant eBook’s product detail page. These aforementioned prohibitions are hereinafter referred to as “Illegal Activities”.
- By downloading any eBook, you hereby acknowledge and agree to these Terms and Conditions. You hereby undertake that you shall not do nor try to do any of the Illegal Activities.
15. Changes to these Terms and Conditions
El Gecko may, in its sole discretion, change any of these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to regularly check these Terms and Conditions and make sure that you are satisfied with the changes. Should you not be satisfied, you must not place any further orders on, or in any other way use, the Website.
The use of the Website is entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from use of the Website or reliance on any information on the Website.
17. Governing law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and our relationship and/or any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- El Gecko hereby selects 35 Christina de Wit Street, Prince Albert, Western Cape, South Africa, 6930 as its address for the service of all formal notices and legal processes in connection with these Terms and Conditions (“legal address”).
- You hereby select the delivery address specified with your order as your legal address, but you may change it to any other physical address by giving El Gecko not less than 7 days’ notice in writing.
- These Terms and Conditions contain the whole agreement between you and El Gecko and no other warranty or undertaking is valid, unless contained in this document between the parties.
If you still need more information then you can log a query via the contact form.